Sometimes I have a trying time with the first sentence of a book review. It happens with books that mirror feelings of mine or with books that imitate life, my life. This tender one does. I must write deservedly. I was emotional at the end of this novel, a novel of unfolding years with distinct female voices, each of them mothers, every one of them beautiful and interesting in their own generational way. Yes, the words on these pages are like a nesting doll, one doll, or life, opening up and unfolding, then graciously handing you another, albeit a smaller doll and I’d like to think a little intricately wiser life than the one before it. This handcrafted Matryoshka doll hopeful symbolism buried deep inside me, then relinquished quiet tears for the love of my mother. These pages whisper the reality of how one life delicately affects deeply the life it bears. Give this book time to open up and unfold for you. I am in love with the last tiny sassy nesting doll Emily. At least I believe she is the last one. I shall not spoil anything for you. Emily is Cynthia Rogers Parks’ rewarding gift to us. Emily’s spirit, personality, and words flowed perfectly within my mind; we are alike in many ways; her voice resembles my writing soul. Ultimately in the end, you will take away from this book the power of honesty, that truth sometimes takes a little time to be told, understood, and accepted. You will be reminded of the beauty of hope, the meaningful presence of life’s little gifts, and that no matter where we come from or where we’re going, bring love along. Love conquers all. We all need it. We all deserve it. Write love down. Share your soul. Accept love’s pain when needed. Embrace love, hold it in the cup of your hand and never, ever let it go. 5/5 stars ~ k
- books - dogs - soccer - life - connect - Be inspired.
LIVE VITALE VISITORS
- 53,039 hits
- #ThanksButNoTanks #DontBuyATicket #Taiji #Japan #TheCove #SetThemFree twitter.com/dolphin_projec… 1 week ago
- as dumb as they come ⏳ The WaPo Obstruction Blockbuster and the World of Hurt To Come talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-wap… via @TPM 1 week ago
- disgusting 💔DT Adm Cancels New ProtectionFor Endangered Whales, Marine Mammals & Sea Turtles worldanimalnews.com/trump-administ… via @World Animal News 1 week ago
- proud you're my fellow Californian ☀️ twitter.com/repadamschiff/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @LeilaniMunter: #ParisAgreement #ActOnClimate https://t.co/OiME9bsYN3 3 weeks ago
- Join me on #BookOfTheMonth mybotm.com/d2a5fd358790 #bookofthemonth ❤️ so much fun 3 weeks ago
- @coritorres 🆘 3 weeks ago
- dear world, help twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 3 weeks ago
POSTS BY POPULARITY
- Sea Nature
- Sea Amigos
- Tiny Beautiful Things ~ Cheryl Strayed
- All The Light We Cannot See ~ Anthony Doerr
- Big Little Lies ~ Liane Moriarty
- Me Before You ~ Jojo Moyes
- The Beach House ~ Mary Alice Monroe
- The Nesting Dolls ~ Cynthia Rogers Parks
- Nurturing Healing Love: A Mother’s Journey of Hope & Forgiveness ~ Scarlett Lewis and Natasha Stoynoff
- Unsaid ~ Neil Abramson
CURRENTLY CLICKED HITS
LIFE ON YOUTUBE
SEARCH LIVE VITALE
READ THESE PAGES TOO!
MY BOOK CLUB’S FACEBOOK PAGE
SPEAK YOUR MIND
LiveVitale on Sunshine gwenniesgarden on Sunshine ctorres4 on Sunshine apeerless on Running With Paradise
ALL 2012 U16 RC FLAMES POSTS & PHOTOGRAPHY
VISIT MY BOOKS & REVIEWS ON GOODREADS
MY FAVORITE POSTS
KRISTI’S BOOK REVEIWS
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Trump: Mueller-Comey bond is 'bothersome' June 24, 2017
- Shadow of high-rise fire looms across UK June 25, 2017Ten days after an inferno swept through Grenfell Tower in west London, leaving the apartment block a blackened shell and claiming the lives of at least 79 people, a shadow hangs over Britain.
- Saudis: Attack foiled on Grand Mosque in Mecca June 24, 2017Saudi security forces on Friday prevented an imminent attack on the Grand Mosque in Mecca, the country's Interior Ministry said on state-run TV.
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack June 24, 2017The UK Parliament's computer system has been hit by a cyberattack, a spokesperson for the Houses of Parliament said in a statement.
- Qatar handed stern list of 13 demands by Arab states June 24, 2017Four Arab states that have isolated Qatar have handed the country a list of 13 demands, including some that are likely to infuriate Doha and exacerbate the region's worst crisis in decades.
- 'The Beguiled' serves up old-fashioned charms June 23, 2017"The Beguiled" has a throwback feel that goes beyond its debt to the creepy 1971 film starring Clint Eastwood. Writer-director Sofia Coppola has produced a small-scale movie that exalts old-fashioned movie-making qualities, yielding a refreshingly understated alternative to a sea of summer blockbusters.
- Johnny Depp apologizes for assassination joke June 23, 2017Even before Johnny Depp said it, the actor seemed to know that his comment would be controversial.
- French Montana answers our most burning questions about super powers, the Kardashians June 23, 2017French Montana has a lot to be excited about these days. His single "Unforgettable" with Swae Lee went platinum this week and his mission to provide better health care for the people of Uganda has inspired other celebrities to pitch in.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame Class of 2018 revealed June 23, 2017A new group of stars will be getting stars.
- BET Awards 2017: 6 reasons to tune in June 23, 2017The biggest stars in sports, film and music will descend on Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday to celebrate the accomplishments of African-American and other minority entertainers.
- 'The Beguiled' serves up old-fashioned charms June 23, 2017
- Cuts to Medicaid May Limit Access to Nursing Homes June 24, 2017Medicaid, targeted for deep cuts by the Republican health care bill, currently pays for most of the 1.4 million people in nursing homes.JORDAN RAU
- Senate Health Plan Falls Short of Promise for Cheaper Care, Experts Say June 24, 2017Republicans say a new health law would make it easier and more affordable to get care. But the opposite may be true.REED ABELSON
- Insurers Battle Families Over Costly Drug for Fatal Disease June 22, 2017The case of Exondys 51 poses emotionally charged issues for families of young boys with a rare illness, who are fighting companies to get coverage for an expensive drug approved on a lower bar of proof.KATIE THOMAS
- How Medicaid Works, and Who It Covers June 23, 2017One of the biggest flash points in the debate over Republican health care legislation is the future of Medicaid. Here are some basic facts about the 52-year-old program.ABBY GOODNOUGH and KATE ZERNIKE
- Senate Health Care Bill Includes Deep Cuts to Medicaid June 22, 2017Senate Republican leaders released their bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act, even as enough senators to block it declared their opposition.ROBERT PEAR and THOMAS KAPLAN
- Cuts to Medicaid May Limit Access to Nursing Homes June 24, 2017
TAKE A LOOKangels animals AYSO National Games Knoxville Tennessee AYSO Select Soccer backyards beach beaches beautiful beauty Birds Blog Book Clubs Book reviews Books California canine dogs dream Entertainment Environment family family blog flowers happiness Hawaii hope Inspiration inspirational blog Inspirational Quotes inspire JACK JOHNSON KOI KRISTI'S BOOK REVIEWS Life love Maui MUSIC Nature News Ocean peace People photo blog PHOTOGRAPHY PicApp Poodle Poodles pools Quotes Rancho Cucamonga Rancho Cucamonga Flames Rancho Cucamonga Flames Select Soccer Random RC Flames RC Flames Soccer RC FLAMES U14 SPRING SELECT 2009 reading Road to Hana Roses sea SOCCER Sports spring Standard Poodle standard poodles Summer The Mindful Readers Book Club Travel Watch & Listen Watch and Listen Wrightwood Snow writing yorkies Yorkshire Terrier Yorkshire Terriers
- © Kristi Vitale and Live Vitale, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kristi Vitale and Live Vitale with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.